Want another baby so bad

It was like all of a sudden at some point I went from wanting to go out all the time while me and my husband were split to suddenly wanting another baby and not even wanting to go out. Me and husband were split 4 months and now we are back together and my want for another baby is even stronger now. We have been back together for a month and a half only, so I'm afraid if we have another one now that it would make it even worse if we did end up actually divorcing. 2 kids having to deal with a divorce. I started talking to my hubby about it within just a couple weeks of us getting back together and he got upset, but mainly said he wants to be buying a house first, well now we are buying a trailer house very cheap. I want to get the house fixed up then start trying for another. Our daughter is 18 months and I want her close in age to her sib(s). I can't stop feeling that need to have another, too soon or should i bring it up again

stargazerwolf

Asked by stargazerwolf at 5:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it's too soon. I happen to be in your husbands exact shoes. My husband and I split up over the summer and now he is back and wants a baby and I am saying no way no how, NOT right now. I want him to show how much effort he can put into fixing our marriage. Our youngest is 14 months right now, and I have had a long road as a (basically, because HE walked out) single mother. I do not want to bring in another child, and then he leave again. I have put up several road blocks, I too want a house and at least a year under our belt from the misery that he put me through. I think it's only fair. Thankfully I have an IUD, so there is no chance that anything is going to happen, but I know he wishes that it would just fall out or something. A new baby is NOT going to fix the problems that you already have in your marriage, it will just add to them. Take care, and PM me if you need anyone to talk to. This past summer sucked!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Please wait until you are back on soloiid ground with your husband! I agree with above poster, a baby won't make it better and your child will be the one who has to suffer in case you getting back together doesn't work out.
    Anonymous

• get a puppy
    Anonymous

• I have decided it is way to early. It is tough but i definatly dont want to bring another baby into the world til i know we will be staying together, it just wouldn't be fair to the baby. I'm not trying to make things better, and a puppy is not the same as a baby, but I will wait til we have been back together longer before we try. Almost 3 months now so we are doing good, but how do i know when it has been long enough, do I wait 6 months? a year? Its hard to say, guess we'll see.
    stargazerwolf

Answer by stargazerwolf at 5:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2009