why doesn't my daughter like breakfast?

We have been introducing solids to her for about a month now and she just doesn't seem to want to eat in the morning.... why? and what should I do? Most suggest try introducing the new food in the morning that way if they have a reaction you have all day to take care of it... I nurse her as soon as she wakes up, about a half hour to an hour later I try to give her breafast (Usually infant cereal along with whatever fruit or veg we are introducing) byt the time shes all cleaned up and a few minutes of play she's ready for her morning nap and when she wakes up, she's nursed and soon ready for lunch... I dunno... any tips? Can't really change the time of her breakfast cuz it would interfere with her sleep schedule

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 5:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think you SHOULD try a different feeding time.

or you could stop giving her food for a few weeks. my daughter was a great eater then suddenly she stopped eating solids so i just breastfed her for a while and then tried back up with foods. and she liked them again.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i think as long as she is breastfeeding in the AM.. she is getting nutrients in the AM.. dont worry about it as long as she seems happy. I would not worry about forcing b fast till she is on solids completely. I still struggle with my 12 year old. BUT she does eat every AM.......
    LuiggiValentin

Answer by LuiggiValentin at 6:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• It might be the cereal...that stuff is pretty icky. Try just the fruit of the egetable and see if that goes down better. She doesn't *need* the cereal...breastmilk is complete save for Vit D and the sun gets you that.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Forget trying to feed her solids, especially if she doesn't want them. If she's breastfeeding, she's getting absolutely everything she needs from you, as long as you have a good proper diet. Baby foods/cereals are just for practice anyway, they're not needed nutritionally & whatnot. If she doesnt' want them, don't give them to her, plain & simple.
    Anonymous

• I skipped the infant cereal and started right on veggies. My son still doesn't like breakfast at a year. It might just be the timing or whatnot. I think my little guy just doesn't like breakfast foods. He'd rather me give him black beans than pancakes.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 11:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• try at lunchtime.

my middle dd did not and still doesn't eat breakfast willingly - she has to because she's in school but if she had her way she wouldn't eat til lunch.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2009