how can i get my sisiter to help her self, she never takes advise.

my sister just moved in with me a month a go, and she stays up all night on the computer and sleeps all day. then she does not try to look for a job, she tells me she's put apps in but i dont know with her sleeping all day.

i have filled out apps for her, but i have had no luck. she has no where else to go and i cant just put her on the streets, she is my sister. i mean i have to make her clean or do anything a round the house, but i dont know how much longer i can handle her. some one please help me give me some advice.

melprep

Asked by melprep at 6:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Give her an ultimatum. She needs to have a job by (such and such date) or she needs to find a new place to live. I'm sure she has friends.....BUT, if you can tell she's making an effort during that time but just no luck, you can extend it but tell her she needs to keep looking or she'll be out.

Does she have her own computer? Or does she use yours? If she uses yours and it's a desktop, take away the keyboard. Can't do too much without that. If it's a lapt top.....keep it with you at all time unless it's for a job app. If she has her own computer, and you have cable internet, diconnect the cable cord from the modem (i think it's the modem) so she cant get on the internet.
    Anonymous

• maybe she is depressed and needs counseling?
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Oh my, I love this question because this exact thing happened to me with a niece. I left her a note on her pillow. It took two times before she realized she was on her way out. You must not let her continue living this way. Seriously, she will get a job if she must. Trust me!!!
    skrush

Answer by skrush at 7:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Tell her specifically what your expectations are....and then stick to it! Be clear and direct....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2009