Should we blame "God" or does he only get credit?

It's interesting to me that, when bad things happen people are so quick to blame the devil or the person themselves because of their "free will". God didn't just "allow" it to happen, you had free will.
YET, when something wonderful happens, it's BECAUSE of God. What happened to the persons free will, and all the effort they put forth to cause the wonderful event?
Why is it that God only gets the credit, instead of the blame? He is is a righteous and vengeful god, isn't he?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Excellent point!
    Anonymous

• He gets credit for the good because He is good.

the devil gets credit for the bad because he is evil.

I always feel sorry for atheist or agnostics that seem so insecure they feel the need to disprove God. ...lost...
    Anonymous

• I wasn't trying to disprove your God, I was asking a question.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• you have your answer :)
    Anonymous

• But if people have free will to do bad things, they should also have free will to do good things. People blame free will for the bad; why not credit free will for the good as well?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• God does not get blame. He allows somethings to happen to teach us lesson. There are times God is trying to speak to us to stop us from making bad decision but we ignore that little voice inside. The devil is liar and he will always be blamed.
    sol_joshi

Answer by sol_joshi at 6:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• but God does get blamed, all the time! people will scream ''why did He let this happen?'', or ''if He's so great and loving, why didn't He stop ? from happening?''. people blame God for all sorts of bad, negative things that happen...and when He doesn't do their bidding, they claim that as reason for disbelief.
    so my question would be, why does He get the credit AND the blame? talk about the pressure we put Him under!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• "God does not get blame. He allows somethings to happen to teach us lesson."

If God is allowing it, then how can people blame the devil for it? It can't be both.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Hairnazi made a good point. Last weekend I was going through something horrible. So horrible I wasn't sure if I was going to have the will to get up in the morning. I cried out why have you allowed this.

sahmamax2, I think you are wrong in assuming that people don't blame God for the bad things.
    Anonymous

So, is this free will or not? Is it only free will when people do "bad" things...or is that the devil doing it? If so, then there is no free will.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2009