two yr old w/ painful errections

My son is two and for the past three months he has been having erections. these erections are NOT frequent, but he says they hurt when it does happen. Nothing looks abnormal, as in no redness or rash and there is no sign of irritation nor does he say anything unless it's erect. What do I do? Does he need to see a doc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd certainly CALL the doctor and ask if there is something that you should be concerned about. I tend to think that the erect penis 'feels' different - and children that young certainly get their words mixed up. Sort of like a baby that's learned the word "Hot" and then goes about saying everything is "Hot" until they really begin to understand what hot really is. But still, call the doctor and ask if this is a concern. There could always be something that we're not aware of or thinking of.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• erections are normal in toddlers... oddly especially after naptime.... is he really in pain? or is it just a different feeling for him, he's not quite comfortable with yet? If he is in pain call a doctor. Otherwise try to distract him when this happens by sining songs, or playing a game, or a puppet show. sounds weird, but it works.
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 6:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2009