What do you and your dh do for fun?

I don't want to become complacent... or become "the boring wife".... his friends stopped calling him since we became parents and got married... he made a comment about it last night, what can I do to make sure he's still having fun?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• What are his interests? My husband is a gamer. I play with him when we have time for it. He loves World of Warcraft. I only have fun when I play with him. We also play Magic the Gathering. I'm not a huge nerd, I promise, it's all him :p That's just the kinds of things he enjoys. We also have a couple of shows... we watch Heroes every week, and a couple of others. We read the same books and discuss them as we go along. We watch movies together pretty frequently. He takes part in my moon celebrations every month on the full moon, meditating with me. We just do our best to share in each other's interests and find common ground.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• its the same thing with me and my SO, both of our friends barley ever call now. thats what happens when you have a family, and a job and more important things to do then just hang out. try and get out of the house sometimes.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• fun? I don't know what this fun you speak of is! lol. DH works a lot & mommy is always cleaning & taking care of babies... so I guess our idea of fun is when we're watching tv before we pass out at night... lol.
    nrich

Answer by nrich at 6:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• have sex..it will take his mind off of it.and I beat you wont ever be called a "boring wife"
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• We're having "fun" right now! He's hunting and I"m watching the Disney channel with the kids. :) He won't be back til 8 or so. He says I'm boring because I don't want to do the things he does. I could care less about going fishing all day. I like to "catch" anyhow. LOL. I don't get mad at him for not wanting to go to craft stores with me so I don't get it. His friends that are very few, call and he does whatever he wants. He leaves and I'm here with the kids. We had kids way earlier than our other friends, so we've been out of the loop for some time now. Hm. We don't do anything for fun. I'm bipolar and even with medication I sometimes have anxiety attacks, so its all my fault that I ruin his good time occasionally because of a medical condition. Oh well.
    Anonymous

• We have sex for fun. That's it. Just sex. It's not gotten boring yet.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Sex has always been my answer for everything. Unfortunately, my dh does not want sex with me. He would rather do ANYTHING than have sex with me. Before you start thinking it is me....I don't have this problem with anyone else.
    Anonymous

• We have movie night, go to dinner, pick on each other. Go for drives just because. But, sex is always #1 on the list of things to do when we're bored!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 8:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2009