Should parents be allowed to force their young daughters to get an abortion?

I don't think it's fair to put her through that pain.... I would keep her in the house, make her go to schoola nd raise that baby! I'd be very strict but I wouldn't take care of the baby myself nor would I let her off the hook. What would u do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that is strictly up to the parents. Now if I was in that situation I would probably do the same as you, but I have no judgement whatsoever of parents who think an abortion is best for their child.
    Anonymous

• How young are we talking? I need more details than just "young." 13 and over, I would tell her I want her to have the baby. under 13? oh hell, it would be on with whomever deemed it appropriate to have sex with my baby.
    There reall is not enough info for this, i mean, 8 year olds get their periods now, and if my 8 year old was pregnant, I do not kinow what I would do, other than go to jail for killing whoever knocked my little one up.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 6:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I don't understand why having a baby at a young age has to be seen as a bad thing. If it were my child I would leave the choice up to her. Support her decision and help her in whatever way I could. She will have do deal with the consequences of her actions either way, why add punishment to that? A baby is not something I feel should be punished! It's not like stealing a car or breaking & entering... It's a baby. And more than that, it's your grand baby. Sure, it is going to be a hard road - either way - But I think more parents should be supportive instead of controlling. I mean, what does she need? Support or one more person trying to come down on her...  She will have more than enough strangers think she is trash (unfortunately), why add her own parents to that?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Absolutely not! I would make her take responsibility!! I can't even imagine a parent wanting their daughter to get an abortion. It makes me want to cry....
    nrich

Answer by nrich at 6:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• An 8 year old being pregnant.... Whoa. I don't knwo what I would do because I don't believe in abortion at all but that is a very tough choice. I guess I would ask God but it's not up to me.
    Anonymous

• if by young you mean teen, i would let her decide. if she wanted to have it, i would help her, if she didnt, i would bring her to get an abortion. but depending on her situation, i would probably tell her to wait a while before she has kids so that she doesnt miss out on her life.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I would make her have it. No one is killing my grand babies....
    Anonymous

• MAKE HER HAVE IT??? what if she didn't want it? you shouldn't make her do anything one way or the other. but i'd get her emancipated and she can care for it if she wants it.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO oh yeah and NO
    lol
    depending on the situation we would have to discuss adoption vs keeping the baby, but NO ONE whould make another person have an abortion!!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Yes, they should be allowed. These are children we're talking about. They can't vote, some can't drive or work real jobs and you're telling they should be allowed to raise children? No way in hell. If my DD became pregnant before 16 I would take her to get an abortion. If after 16, well then we'd talk about our options, but there would no no way in hell I'd allow a 15 year old or under to have a baby.
    Anonymous