Did you lose or gain weight during brestfeeding?

I hear all of these women say you lose it all like that of you breastfeed....welll that was a load of crap for me! I gained 40 lbs during breastfeeding....totally sucked! What about you ladies?

collegemom1007

Asked by collegemom1007 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I lost weight...but it's good to know that I shouldn't expect that every time. Thanks.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 7:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• So far I'm losing pretty good. I was 150 when I had my DD on Oct. 4.
    3 days later I was 140 lbs.
    I weighed myself at DD's checkup today & I weigh 126 lbs.
    But I don't know if it's exactly from breastfeeding. I DO know I ate a lot of crap when I was pregnant and am still craving it now I had DD - so I've still been eating sweets (but somewhat healthy).
    But yeah, I've been losing.
    I'm sorry that you've gained. I know that EVERYONE says you lose when you breastfeed... but I know a few people where that WASN'T the case.
    GL to you!
    nrich

Answer by nrich at 7:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I lost weight at first, but then I kind of leveled out, some weeks pants wouldn't fit, other weeks they were too small.
    Anonymous

• Lost 60ls in the 1st 6 months, then another 5lbs by 8 months, Can't /shouldn't lose anymore, I'm very lean.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 7:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• And the sad part was that i didnt eat ANYTHING for like two weeks after i had my daughter cause i had a c-section and they had me on loratabs which make me nauseous. Now i didnt really DO anything...but i wasn't eating either.....ugh so unfair...
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Oh yeah... and I attribute it ALL to breastfeeding, genetics, and hormones getting back to normal. I didn't diet AT ALL, and couldn't exercise or really even walk for that matter, till 9 month pp!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 7:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I lost weight during breast feeding. I know some people who didn't loose the weight during breast feeding and I know some who lost it and then gained it back as soon as they stopped nursing. In short - everyone is different. Just cut yourself so slack, taking care of a new baby is stressful enough without worrying about your body image on top of it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I gained gained gained!!!
    HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 8:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• that's wierd.... i lost all of my pregnancy weight (50 lbs.) by 6 months. this time i am only 1 month pp, but so far i am losing too. maybe you were eating too much? idk
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2009