Any thoughts on the H1N1 Vaccine (especially in younger children/toddlers)

Yes, get the vaccine or No. I've been doing some research, but I'm still on the fence, my kids have had all of their other shots, and the seasonal flu, not too sure though about this one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• It's far too new and quite frankly the risks from the shots are worse than getting the actual swine flu.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• My DD had her 2 year check up. Her pedi has 5 kids and didn't have them get it and said not to with my DD but did suggest the regular flu shot. It's up to you.

Anonymous

• i think it's too young as well-- not near enough research... either that or the pharmeceutical companies who create vaccinations actually developed the 'swine flu' in order to sell their new vaccinations
    6under1roof

Answer by 6under1roof at 7:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• yeah OK 6under
    Anonymous

• I totally agree with 6under. It is a conspiracy and I will not get my child the vaccine.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

frustrated
    Anonymous

• No, it's not a conspiracy. Pssh! @@

If you don't have your kids vaccinated, the most important thing to do is NOT take them around people who are pregnant or have respiratory or immune system issues, even if you don't think they are sick.

Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 8:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• It's a personal choice, I said no for a couple of reasons:
    1-the shot is very new
    2-most of the versions available have mercury in them.
    Like I said these are some of my reasons, anyone undecieded needs to speak with their doctor and do research to decide what is the best for their own families.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 10:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• My kids won't be getting the H1N1 vaccine. I don't trust it, if they get the swine flu we will deal with it. I have a few friends whose kids have had the swine flu, they were sick for about a week and they are all doing fine now.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• um yah double to the pregnancy thing. My SIL is a NICU nurse and she just told me about some awful respiration/dilation thing pregnant women with swine flu have to have. they are sedated and have to have tubes put in an artery and airway in their throat! its because those two systems have a lot of stress on them when pregnant and swine flu is too much for their bodies. So...yah...whatever you decide, please be very careful! Personally, I'm usually very anti-flu. but this year is a mess and there are lots more people without healthcare due to job loss/less money and you know its going to spread more when people can't take better care of themselves so I'm thinking about it. SIL also said its not a big risk to little ones. Its really healthy young adults that should worry. So you personally may want one instead. There is also a nasal and injection that you can consider.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 12:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2009