Anyone else dealing with post partum depression??? if so....

What are your symptoms and ho0w are you handling it?

I'm very short fused... bad temper and I end up taking things out on my DH. I get mad about everything, over stupid things... I get emotional and sometimes depressed but I will also have my good days. I dont knwo what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• call your ob and they will also refer you to a therapist and psychiatrist. I went through all the motions with a snap of a finger. even thought about hurting myself and kids, that is when i sought help.

Anonymous

• I had it but it I didn't feel it was bad enough to get treated. I just kept going with my daily routine and kept taking care of my baby. By the time she was close to 6 mos old I was feeling better. I still have rough days but they are fewer and far between. If you are having a hard time then I would talk to your doc and get help.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Oh, honey. I know exactly what you're going through. I'm still going through it. It hit when DD was about 5-6 weeks. I was angry almost all the time. I hated myself b/c I put DH through hell. Thank goodness my Husband has the patience of a saint or we would be divorced by now. He was very good and understanding about it all. I told my OBGYN and she put me on prozac. Let me tell it has helped me SO MUCH! I'm in such a better mood and I can enjoy my family now. You should not suffer through this. There is help out there. All you gotta do is ask for it. Don't let people make you feel guilty or like a bad mom if you need the help. You won't regret it. Remember, a happy mom makes for happy kids and hubby!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Getting mad isn't really ppd. Usually with ppd you don't care enough to get mad.

Are you breastfeeding? If not you aren't getting the oxytoxin (love hormone), pitocin (mothering hormone), and endorphins (feel good natural high) that you are supposed to be getting many times a day. The baby also gets these hormones and endorphins through the milk. If you are breastfeeding, for some women it can take until about 6 weeks for the hormones to seem to do their job.

Understanding what's happening to you it can help.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• yes with ppd you get mad, you get sad, you get happy, you cry, you laugh, you can even think about hurting yourself and kids but that happens in an instant, without warning. really lay off gail with ppd advice, mothers do care.

Anonymous