Will I know when i'm in labor?

I had a bit of blood then a cramp and i felt nauseated, but nothing intense. i'm uncomfortable but i dont think they are contractions

I'll know, right? It's gotta be unmistakable- A cramp doesn't mean i'm in labor?

37 weeks.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• To get to the point of being in labor, the body goes through all kinds of hormonal changes (increseas, decreases...). It can happen subtly over a while. Over that time, you might notice an increase of the signs & symptoms (cramps, more braxton hicks, diarrhea, etc.).

So when the hormones get to the place where they have made your uterus frequently contracting (probably with great intensity!) you will certainly recognize the changes.

And usually when a woman is in labor she can let herself "ramp up" over time, allowing her labor to progress (contractions to become closer & more intense).
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I remember this feeling when I got close to my due date. Every unusual feeling I'd start to think "Could this be it!?"

Your body goes through so many changes while preparing for labor and delivery that a lot of what you are feeling could be early signs of labor. However, that doesn't mean you'll go into labor soon. The cramping could just be Braxton Hicks contractions, which get stronger and sometimes painful towards the end of your pregnancy.

Once you are in labor you will know because your contractions will get longer, stronger, and closer together. One cramp doesn't mean labor. They will be repeated, they'll be evenly spaced, and you won't be able to make it stop by drinking lots of water, having a shower, and laying down.

Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i think of the cramps that come in the days or weeks before labor as just getting ready. most likely you still have a few weeks left (although i could be wrong and you could have your baby tomorrow!), and most likely you WILL know when you are in real labor. your contrax will get stronger and closer together, until they are very intense and coming every few minutes. most likely the contrax when you are in labor will be so intense that you won't really be able to go about your daily activities while you are experiencing them.
    Anonymous

• when i went in to labor it felt like i had to poop but i couldnt thats how i know i was n labor
    Anonymous