If you converted to Christianity in your adult life how devoted of a Christian are you? Is Jesus first in your life?

it seems converts are often the most devout Christians I meet. Sometimes I think those of us that grew up with Jesus in our life forget how strong his love is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would say I'm a work in progress. I've been officially converted for about a year and I'm still learning things and discovering new things about my Faith every day. I don't think that has to be limited to recent converts though. There's so much to learn and so many ways I can see how His love is applicable in my life...I just can't imagine that "ending" for lack of a better word. There are things I think I need to work on, like trying to be more like Him in my everyday life and approach things in that manner, I think I should pray more often than I do, things like that, but I try and make the effort to feel close to Him. Just remember that just because you may not be able to "feel" a strong pull or connection to Him at times that doesn't mean He's not there or that He's not still working through you or with you. He's always there.
    Anonymous

• I grew up Christian, it has been a roller coaster ride for me, I wish I could just ignore everthing and live how God wants us to live but that isn't easy.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• First of all no one is "born" a christian. Christianity is a choice, it is a relationship you choose to have with God. People are born into religions not relationships. So I might be born a Baptist that doesn't make me a Christian. Accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior does.

Having said that, it does get easy for those who accept Christ early to "forget" where they came from, or to take their salvation, their relationship with Christ for granted. On the other hand there is much less "damage" or old habits and ways of thinking to overcome. There is also more time to learn to gain a base of knowledge of the Bible in those who come to Christ early. For me I was in the middle, I was a young teen. I didn't "grow up" in my faith but I also didn't "waste" my life. So God meets us in His time. I think it is wonderful that God's family is made up of everykind of person, each person's unique experience adds to the body.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Jesus said, “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment....“‘ (Matthew 22:37,38) and Ecclesiastes 12:13 "The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the [true] God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole [obligation] of man."
    Revelation 3:15, 16 is a great one to consider if you feel a bit 'lukewarm' at times: " ‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or else hot. So, because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of my mouth." That's Jesus speaking. Sobering, eh?
    AmourDeMere

Answer by AmourDeMere at 11:24 AM on Oct. 17, 2009