What DO you blame God for, and what do YOU take credit for?

Is there anything you take credit for in your life, or is it all attributed to God being in your life? And what bad things in your life do you blame God for? Or was that a passing thought, and after time came to understand something different from that bad time in your life?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I take full responsibility! The notion that "god" can just jump in and change anything just doesn't make sense to me.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 7:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I don't think I've ever really blamed God...wondered why he allowed things to happen but blaming him would mean that I felt like he caused bad things to happen to me and I don't believe He causes bad things. When I question why He would allow something to happen later on I look back at that as a time of weakness on my part. I'm an optimist by nature anyway so it's usually pretty easy for me to see ANY good that might come out of a bad situation if there's any to see. When something bad happens it's either my fault or somebody elses fault. If something good happens to me as a direct result of something else I did I still thank God for it because without Him I wouldn't be here or maybe I feel like he lead me in the right direction. This has a lot to do with Faith and it's not an easy thing to explain, especially if you don't believe in God the same way, so I completely understand where you are coming from with your questions.
    Anonymous

• I take credit for using my free will to follow God. If something bad happens, yes I've been known to ask why. But I just kind of ask in general. I don't blame God. Then I try to see what it is that I can take out of the bad thing. Did it happen for a reason? For me to learn a lesson? For me to become a different type of person? For my life to move in a different, more positive direction?
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I blamed him for taking my children,and killing my father.Then I apologized and asked him to forgive me because I know that everything he does is never a mistake.
    MommyOfTwins09

Answer by MommyOfTwins09 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I dont give or take from the Divine.

What I do is based on my own actions therefore the good and the bad is because of me.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I used to blame him for everything. Now of course I don't believe in such a thing, so everything that happens or doesn't happen to me is a direct result or either ME or my peers. Mostly me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i take credit for everything and anything I raised myself, I raised my children right I put a roof over our head and food on the table with no ones help but my own and dont blame him for jack. he wasnt by my side so why should he get credit or blame?
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 8:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I don't blame God, although I have questioned Him before. I tried to argue with Him once that He was wrong, my life was more than I could handle, turns out He was right, after all. I give Him credit for every smart decision I've ever made in my life and take full responsibility for everything I've done contrary to Him.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• and dont blame him for jack. he wasnt by my side so why should he get credit or blame?
    _

do you believe in God? If not why would even think he would be by your side?
    Anonymous

• no i dont so suck it up.i have nothing against who do just ppl like u
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 11:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2009