is it wrong that i want to go back to work after being home for 10 years w/ my children????

April607

Asked by April607 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hell no!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Nope!!!
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• IMO....About freakin' time!!! :o)

Why would it be awful to do something else other than be there at your kids' beck and call? You are your own person, and your children need to have that example, too. Give yourself permission to have a life outside of the home.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Don't guilt youself mama. You were there for them all this time and now that they are older and in school you want to reclaim some part of you that you have put aside for them. Good for you! Follow your instincts!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Um....no! It might be scary after so long, good luck!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 9:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• No. Follow your heart, head and what you do best! Find a way to get paid for what you do best!! Hope you find someplace decent for your skills!!! Never give up!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• No way in hell is it wrong. I could never have stayed home fulltime with my son, I would have gone insane. Good luck, Mama!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Not at all. Think of it as you are making a wise economic decision.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I just went to work after being a SAHM for the past 8 years--younger son just started full-day Kindergarten! I work as a special education teacher, so the hours work perfectly into my children's school schedule--including holidays! I get them on and off the bus each day, and am home when they are--so no one misses me, and I get a nice salary with great benefits to boot!

You should really consider trying to get a job in a larger school district--they pay MUCH better than retail or fast food jobs and many of the jobs only require a high school education with or without experience or a specialty certification--ie: food service, custodial, administrative, classroom aide, etc.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:43 AM on Oct. 17, 2009