I have a question that sounds a little strange and is more directed towards Christians

Has Jesus ever talked to you in a voice? This sounds like I need meds but I would appreciate those types of responses being silent.

I needed direction in a predicament that was at least 10 years old. I heard his voice tell me what to do. I figured I was getting the hints He just spelled it out for me.

Have any of you prayed to Jesus and he gave you a response out loud?

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 7:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not unheard of-esp by children. If your prayers were answered and you aren't hearing evil little voices in your head everyday telling you to do bad things then I think it's perfectly normal.
    Anonymous

• I liked your request about keeping certain responses silent! I think that all the time on this site but I am sure you'll still get some rude anon remarks, eh - just ignore them like we all do. Anyway, I believe strongly that I HAVE had God speak to me many times. It wasn't like an answer when I was praying though (I wish). It has been more like in an intuition type case except I really heard a voice inside my head (not my own - and don't call the crazy police for me either). If you want to IM me I will tell you the details I just don't want ALL my stuff out here in the answer section. The jist of it though is that they have been like warnings and I listened. I always try to encourage women to listen to their intuition because it's God speaking to them. This was stronger though. Good quesion! Have you?
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I haven't heard the voice out loud. Well, maybe I have because I could be having a problem or going through a tough time, go to church and the priest's homily addresses it almost directly and gives me direction. When I actually hear God, it's a voice in my head (ok, ok no bashing on this one, lol). I have had a visible sign before. Some people would chalk that up to coincidence.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• momrocks1000, sounds like He talks to you like He talks to me. I always think that's so awesome!!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• littlebit, I read your response twice LOL that has happened to me. I was in a rut so to speak. I was going to Mass and just doing what you do. Stand, sit, kneel, sing. One Sunday I wanted to stay home. I remember the readings from the last time and our priest tends to recycle homilies.

I went, and the homily was as if it was written for me. Now when the homily doesn't really resonate with me I think someone else needed it this week. :)

momrocks, I will send you a message later tonight when the kids go to bed. I hear you on not wanting your information online. I made this experience very vague.

I am so glad I am not the only one who has heard him respond. I did what I was told. It didn't resolve the situation but it did put the ball in motion and took away some of my guilt.

Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 8:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Kattykitten, hey send me a message too! :o)
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Yes, let's talk Kattykitten and Littlebit. It would be neat to compare stories. I find this fascinating and makes me appreciate CM for what it is: a place to connect! I'll look forward to hearing from you ladies later! :)
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I sent you both invites.

Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 8:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Got it!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• honestly, i don't believe jesus speaks to anyone because his Second coming has not come. I do think though that God(the creator) may provide guidance, is it in a form of a voice... i don't think so because that would amount to revelation and God promised no more revelation after his final prophet. What is it? God knows best.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 8:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2009