What's you're relationship with dow?

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/252724/october-15-2009/the-money-shot

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 7:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Haha! I saw this bit the other night when I was going to bed. So funny. Colbert is a ridiculous genius when it comes to comedy.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• very funny, tho I must admit I watched it all day when it looked like it might head up over 10,000..... And was very excited when it did!
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 8:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I don't know why these people are getting all excited. I guess it's to lull the sheeple into a false sense of security. THE DOW IS ONLY UP BECAUSE THE DOLLAR IS DOWN. This is NOT good. It's NOT a sign of growth or recovery. Look at this graph--the blue line represents the value of the dollar, while the red line shows the Dow. The Dow is only rising because it's measured in dollars that are losing value. It's a freaking ILLUSION!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• DOW, huh? I must admit, I love those Scrubby Bubbles! :)
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 12:14 AM on Oct. 19, 2009

• anon, you are right the Dow Jones IINDUSTRIAL average is up because the dollar is down but that is a good thing. The dollar being high is not a great thing. When the dollar is up it is more expensive for other countries to buy our manufactured goods because their currency is less and it costs them more, when the dollar falls relative to other currencies other countries buy from us more and it helps the job market recover because 1.) the US is manufacturing more goods for forgien nations and 2.) it is not as cost effective to send US jobs overseas 3.) People in the US will buy more US goods because forgien goods are more expensive realitivly. Granted, oil prices go up with the falling dollar so you want to reach a balance but a falling dollar is not all doom and gloom and a lot of other things are looking up, and the DOW is also an indication of higher consumer confidence which is needed for a recovery...
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 10:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2009