Should the balloon boy's family pay for the rescue?

I say yes. From the coverage, I personally think it was a hoax. The father wanted his family on tv like the Gosselins. And then have CPS investigate the family. Have you seen the kids behavior.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I truly believe it was a hoax. That father is nuts! Did you see the home video of the balloon taking off??? The father counted down and let it go. Then all of a sudden started yelling that the son was in it. It seemed so staged. And the 911 call was crazy too. the mother was saying that her son was floating away in a flying saucer!! Who says that? I could see saying homemade hot air balloon but flying saucer? It was so ironic too how the boy was found in the attic a short while after the balloon landed! And on the interview when they asked the boy why he was in the attic, he said that is was a show for mommy and daddy.(or something along those lines) I def agree that CPS needs to be involved and this sick family needs to pay for the costs!!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I am just glad to hear that the little boy was okay. Thank God he wasn't really in that balloon. I keep hearing about the possible hoax, and I still can't muster any feeling but relief that the boy is okay.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I don't think it was a hoax. I watched the entire interview on CNN. Kids say crazy things, He is only 6 years old. The officals said it wasn't a hoax, the news media once again is making something of it. I blame the father for allowing the kids to be interviewed. I think the family is a little strange, but they truly believed their was inside that ballon.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 8:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Even the father thinks that his parents were aliens. So yeah, it was a hoax. The father is a male Kate Gosselin wanna-be.

Anonymous

• Yes, I think they should have to pay for it. It was an attractive nuisance in the back yard of a house with little boys in it. There were no gates or barriers to keep the kids out. Their child is responsible for releasing the balloon and diverting all of the public safety officials to follow a giant Mylar balloon for two hours. It cost the tax payers money that would have been better spent elsewhere and the parents should have to pay for that. If nothing else, it is an expensive lesson in making sure their kids don't have access to their equipment.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I don't think it was a hoax, I think it was a chaotic event, made even more chaotic by miscommunication and the natural antics of small children. (Anon, remember not everyone lives their lives by Jon and Kate)
    Steph, I think the mother said "Flying Saucer" because that is what they called it within the family. (While they were building it, I can see dad calling out, "Let's go work on the flying saucer" just for fun) English is obviously not her first language, and she was under an unbelievable amount of stress.
    Yesterday was NOT a normal day for the family, thinking one of the children was in that balloon.
    Anonymous

• Yes.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I really doubt is was a hoax.
    Anonymous

• I really can't say either way but I do believe this family is looking for their 15 minutes. They've already been on wife swap twice and I think they've got the celebrity fever
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 11:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

even with actual home video footage documenting the whole event as a hoax...your liberal glasses still can't see things for what they are. how sad is that?

by the way, spell check is your friend!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Oct. 17, 2009