Thoughts on this article about near death experperinces?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/10/16/cheating.near.death/index.html

I tend to agree with the doctor in the article, why is everyone having the same dream?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that if it were only our minds being in a r.e.m. state, then some people would have different types of dreams. Dreams like we have every day. But most people tell of the bright light, seeing their deceased loved ones etc. I do think some people have experienced the afterlife.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I only scanned the article but I am familiar with the argument. I think it is impossible to tell, frankly. It is possible that people remember the experience upon waking in the way that they have heard over & over again that it happens. Or it is possible that they actually got a glimpse of the afterlife, though again I think they were probably seeing what they expected because the brain gave them that coping mechanism, thus some people see Jesus, others the Buddha, while others only see loved ones. It does not explain the many people who have the same physical experiences & report that they saw absolutely nothing, or those who saw some very different things.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 17, 2009