what do you think of a DD 13 or younger DD dating ?

identical question ; ooops accidentally closed question , didn't know picking best answer would close it , I would like to see more answers

my 13 yr has friends both male and female she goes to movies with or school functions , like ballgames and dances

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• group events or fine but the word "date" would not be ok for me if dd was that age jmo
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• are* not or lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Children 13 should be learning to socialize with kids their age in groups not in one-on-one settings. The one-on-one stuff leads to problems they are not ready to deal with. Peer pressure at that age is overwhelming so why risk having her be pressured into doing something on a "date" that she's not ready for? They need to build confidence and self esteem to get them ready for dating at an older age. I still think 16 is the perfect age to begin dating. (jmho)

Answer by admckenzie at 8:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i had my first boyfriend when i was 12, we hung out with our friends & alone. it was very nice & innocent. my mom knew about it .. she met him, knew where we were, etc. - i would be fine with it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Group events, ok. Dating as in boyfriend/girlfriend...I would NOT even consider it. My son is 13 and I will NOT let him date until he is 16, there is NO reason for anyone younger than that to date. My niece is 12 and she also is not allowed to date until she is 16.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I let my 12 yr old hang out with her boyfriends , some would come over and play video games , sometimes she would go over his house to play video games , and do homework, sometimes he would come to play football or basketball with her brother , occasionally I would find them kissing.
    I was kewl , he sounded like a nice gentleman , He attends our church , his mom is a very good friend. I had no problem with him going in her bedroom to play video games. if the tv got to loud I'd tell them to close the door ,
    I had enough confidence in my DD to keep things in line , I knew she would be ok , and she was , has been a perfect role model for little sister , besides I knew little sis would come and tell me everything. haha.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I think that going to social events with friend at 13 is okay with a group of friends together, but as far as being alone on a date-I personally wouldn't allow it. My son is 15 and likes this girl who is 13. Teen boys hormones are raging wildly. I told my son he is too young to "Date".
    ~litninbug~
    litninbug

Answer by litninbug at 7:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I don't see any problem with that, it is age appropriate behavior.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• personally I don't see anything wrong with preteens dating ,
    I think you need to decide on each in individual cases , some should not , and some are ok.
    I'd trust my 11 yr old with a boy , I know how I raised her , I know her values , I trust her judgment .
    I may have questions concerning my 15 yr old whose judgment is not as sound morally.
    It depends on upbringing and intelligence.
    My 11 yr old isn't going to make any decisions like that before she finishes college , and I believe her.
    Anonymous

• I would let my 13 year old dd go to movies or other places with her boyfriend as long as they are with other people. I've learned, kids dont do as much with their friends around as they would when they are alone with their boyfriend.
    momof21993

Answer by momof21993 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2009