Question about Epidural

After you had an epidural did you have back problems?

I've heard several people say it caused them to have back issues after the fact. I was just wondering if any of you have had the same problem? Also if you did have back problems after was it worth getting in the long run?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I never heard of that. My back was fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I had one and didnt have back problems. were the people you asked have they had it recently? also to decide whether its really worth it or not honestly depends on your tolorance of pain and your length of labor. :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• my hubby does that for a living, lol and he said the chances of that happening are very small. i've had 3 and no problems
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I didn't get an epidural with my first, went drug free with no problem. Ended up with an epidural with my second, NEVER again! I have had back pain since (my son is 8 months), not at all worth it to me, better to bare with the temporary labor pains then suffer long term back pain.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i had the epidural and it was 8 months ago but i do have bad back pains my back is always hurting and my dh can not even rub my back bc it hurts...but the nerves also every once in a while i will get these feelings as i did when i got the epidural like the clicking going up ur spine........but i never thought about it being bc of the epidural im glad u brought that up thanks
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Yes I had an epidural with my first born...it didn't work. I had another epidural with my 3rd son and it worked but the stupid woman put it in wrong and made me leak spinal fluid. I had a spinal headache for almost 2 weeks. Oh! And I had to go back to the hospitol and get a Blood Patch done. A blood patch is where they take a big vile of blood from your arm and put it into your back via ANOTHER epidural to get my fluid built back up. It was horrible! I will NEVER get another epidural again! I swear on my life!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I had an epidural and it worked amd I had no problems - I had it almost 5 months ago. I know at least 10 women who have had one and one of my friends had an issue with it only working on one side, other than that everyone is fine!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I had back pain for a couple of weeks. It went away. The epidural wasn't worth it for me. I had my second naturally, and was much happier with that.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I know a few people who had horrible migraines for a week after giving birth, never heard about back problems. Unless maybe the needle was insurted wrong.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 8:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Three epidurals and no problems so far. My last one was almost 3 years ago.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2009