When did you stop using your swing?

I don't know when my kids should be done with it. They love it. They are 7 months old

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I stopped using ours when she could get into a sitting position on her own. It looked like the swing goes going to dump her out. My LO didn't weigh much but I was scared for her safety. She loved it and I didn't want to stop using it. Also when she became more mobile on the floor she didn't really want to be in it anyway. Use it until you don't need it anymore.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• My daughter stopped using the swing at about 6 months. She could probably still use it but she leans forward in it and it looks like it could topple over because of her weight. I say let your kids use it as long as they can. Some children I've heard hate them but mine loved it
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• My daughter LOVES her swing! We are on swing #4. I finally broke down and bought the $150.00 "My little lamb" swing. And she is going to stay in it until it wont swing her anymore!! hehe
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• We never used it. She hated it from day 1. I sold it on craigslist when she was only about 3 mos. old.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 9:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• My first stayed in it until about 9 months. My second on the other hand, I could not get him out of it. He was still using it at 15 months! For the longest time he would not sleep anywhere but in his swing. We have the fisher price cradle swing. But around 15 months I started telling him he was too big. We had baby #3 coming and I wanted him to be done with it and used to not using it by the time the baby came (when he was 20 months). Who know how long he would've used it if we didn't have a baby coming.
    Anonymous

• I stopped using it with my son when he started leaning forward in it and looking like he was about to fall out, like others have posted. My daughter never cared for it. You CAN use it until your babies outgrows it (there's usually a weight limit), or until you feel like they're not safe. There's no age limit. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2009