Isnt this horrible??

http://blog.mattalgren.com/2009/09/hospital-forces-lesbian-to-die-alone/

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• @#$!)%#!)%U&#!)($

Oh yeahhhhh, gay people have all the same rights as straight people do, oh suuuuuure. Bullsheeyat. And everyone wonders why I'm so vehemently FOR gay rights.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• UGH THIS pisses me off BIG TIME. THIS is not one occurance, THIS happens all the time.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• That is incredibly cruel and heartless. American citizens should be outraged.
    Anonymous

• Regardless of how you feel about gays, this is terrible. They are humans as well....
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 9:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I think the woman's untimely death was tragic.

However, I don't buy the whole story and I suspect the judge didn't either. First of all, this was a TRAUMA CENTER. When there is a serious health issue that requires a trauma center people don't hang around the bedside! I have an aunt that died suddenly from a brain anyeurism, once she blacked out that was it, she never regained consciusness. It is quite likely Ms. Pond was brain dead upon arrivial or shortly thereafter.

Kids don't belong in the bowels of a trauma center.

The poster said they wouldn't allow her to follow the gurney and told her to wait, she did. She then says 30 min later the hospital sw came and told her she was in an anti-gay/state etc... I don't believe it happened this way. According to her own words it doesn't make sense.

I think she is understandably grief stricken over her loss and is trying to use it to further the gay agenda.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe it either. I call bull shit. The concerns of medical personnel during an emergency are about the patient, not whether her lesbian lover could be with her, or not. They're not there to make the "family" comfortable, their focus is, and SHOULD be, on the patient.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• UM for those of you that don't believe THIS story fine, but the problem still exists and I have been in the hospital when they made one gay man's partner leave the room because he did not have any legal rights to the patient. His partner was in a coma. Don't act like this doesn't happen. Open your eyes, it does.
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 5:30 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• That is so terrible
    Having been kept away from my husbands bedside when things looked extremely bleak, I have nothing except sympathy, it is so cruel. Thank god my husband pulled through and is still with me.

Reading this was so hard, I connect with the emotions, the knowing he was in bad shape, the frustration at not being able to see him, and trying to hold on in my head the last sight i saw of him as he went into the ambulance in case it was the last time I saw him alive.

The pain of not seeing the eyes again, i understand how gut wrenching that would be, my feelings go out to her. -- How cruel. !!!
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 12:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• i do not believe it is my place to stop others from what they believe or what they do. This is a very tragic story with a horrendous outcome and one i am very familiar with. i know there are many people who are not gay and go through this. .. this issue is not just about homosexual partners it also affects many religiously married couples who are not registered with the state or heterosexual partners who are not married and even relatives of family and of course best friends.

i had a friend who knew that she was in a state that did not allow for homosexual partners to make decision for the other person and what she simply did was say it was her sister. She hated it but she knew that it was her only way out. She was able to spend the last moments of her partners life with her.

it's not my right to interfere regardless of my belief. i think some are heartless.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• i believe the story. I have seen where they have not even let my husband and i stay with our very sick child in the hospital room at the same time because only one parent is allowed at a time. I can easily see this happening and have witnessed it happen to people not just homosexuals.either. Just think of the rule that says under aged children can't see their mother until they get home from the hospital after giving birth to a sibling. it happens
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2009