desperately seeking a creative outlet..suggestions?

i need something to CREATE! i've been thinking about starting up painting again but i was hoping to try something new. does anyone have any interesting art-type hobbies?

mamalinlin

Asked by mamalinlin at 8:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• learn how to knit! i have a knifty knitter which is a loom and you can make so many things! I make lots of scarves and hats, you can make pot holders, plate warmers, strips to attach to make a blanket, doll clothes....endless!!!
    I also enjy making dream catchers. you can use the rings from soda bottles or milk jugs and make keychains as gifts! I like making them with nature, using flexible sticks or grass
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• you paint? i loveee to paint! right now im working on a mural in my bathroom. its just a combination of feelings in my soul and what i see. every inch of the 4 walls is going to be covered.its such a stress reliver to me,.as any painting is. whether it be on canvas or what im doing.maybe try what im doing? quite time consuming as i want it to be perfect and a reflection of me,
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 8:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Scrapbooking is fun and gets puts your boxes of picture out there to show off!
    Anonymous

• Sewing, knitting, soap making, polymer clay, lampwork beads, jewelry, mosaics...
    southernlamom

Answer by southernlamom at 10:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I have turned to digital scrapbooking as an outlet for my creative juices. I used to cross stitch but my hands and eyes can't take the detail work anymore. With digital scrapbooking I am able to create fun pages to show off all the pictures I take. I have also created books and prints to be framed as gifts and everybody loves getting something homemade.
    Patty_WAHM

Answer by Patty_WAHM at 4:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• By far, yours is the best question on this whole "Answers" section!!!

Check out CRAFTSTER.ORG for inspiration, plenty of pictures, how-to's, links, etc. It is my favorite site for all things creative. From scrapbooking to sewing to making soap and toys...ideas and outlets for creativity abound.

ETSY.COM is where many craftspeople sell their wares. It's another great source of inspiration.

Good luck and have fun finding out what floats your artistic boat!
    Kumbaya

Answer by Kumbaya at 5:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Watercolor.
    Paint a tin antique ceiling tile and stress it or patina it.
    Have you ever tried a potter's wheel? Not sure where you live or how much money you want to invest but you can check out a local small college and take a ceramics class.....I want to do this so bad!!!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• mosaic art!!! go here and see what i do, it is time consuming but very rewarding, and creative. www.artofmosaic.com/mosaickathy good luck
    mosaickathy1

Answer by mosaickathy1 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• I'm on a Tutu kick right now! It gives me something to create and something my daughter love. They also make GREAT gifts.

Make-up is something else I love to experiment with.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 11:42 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• scrapbooking either handmade or digital if you need help getting started drop me a line. I will help you all I can
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 8:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2009