Overkill on diaper bag for coming home from hospital?

I have two sleepers, one onesie, 5 diapers, 2 caps, 2 receiving blankets, her bunting suit. Too much?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 8:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• And wipes & teeny travel toiletries & a toy.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i brought the same amount..and all i ended up using was a single outfit i put on my son 2 minutes before leaving the hospital. the hospital supplied all of my diapers and wipes and caps. never hurts to be overprepared, though :)
    mamalinlin

Answer by mamalinlin at 8:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• you don't need diapers. you just swipe them all from the hospital - I was good for about 3 days after getting home with all of the diapers I got from them.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• All we needed was her going home outfit. We went straight from the hospital to our house, so there was no need for diapers or wipes. Plus we took the rest of the diapers and wipes from the her bassinet at the hospital. We took as much stuff as we could because you pay for it anyway. We took the little pink tub thing, the two petri bottles, the hemrhoid pads, maxi pads, etc.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Man when I was at the hospital with my first I missed out! I didn't take anything..but this time I'm taking a suitcase lol Yay
    Anonymous

• I didn't have the chance to bring anything either before going to the hospital. Don't remember bringing anything special to pick up the babies from the NICU....but maybe that's because they already had so much stuff there...
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• You really don't need anything except a take home outfit, and a warm covering if you live in a cold climate.
    Anonymous

• #1 I took almost her entire wardrobe.....good because she was in NICU for a week and we had to do a couple of runs for laundry.

#2 packed the wardrobe and she went home in hours.

#3 packed about what you have. but then it was in the middle of summer, she had a onsie on only.

and up here you have to supply your own diapers. but I use cloth so had an entire arsenal of newborn cloth diapers and wetbags.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:08 AM on Oct. 17, 2009