If you read the bible and live like a Christian how do you dress (Christian perspective)

are there limits are restrictions to your dress?

I dress with everything covered from the knees to the cleavage but I will wear a shell top. I am on the edge about these short shorts and spaghetti top cami like shirts my daughter wants to wear.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• modestly, but not homly. no low cut tops, no minis.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I will admit to wearing tops that might show a bit of cleavage. It just happens that most of my wardrobe was purchased prior to me becoming a Christian. I have little tank tops that I wear underneath most of my tops to prevent it from becoming too much. I might show a half of an inch or so. I don't wear short skirts or shorts.
    Anonymous

• modestly. but i'm a jeans and t-shirt girl so that's pretty much what i wear to work to church etc. add jewlery and i'm good to go... ok it will soon be winter... trade in t-shirts for sweatshirts or long sleeve t's.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I dress with modesty. No cleavage, but I don't really have boos anyways lol so not a problem LOL. But I do wear a bikini to the pool. I try to not dress with the intent of making men lust. I wear mainly jeans a shirt just like bonn lol. But imo a bikini is normal nowadays. Plus I have a good body so even in a one piece or even with a coverup on I will still have men lusting after me, heck I coudl wear a moomoo and still get lusted after. So idk I just dress how I dress and try to not dress to advertise :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• since we have to wear our temple garments we are not to have them showing. although even before i wore them i never dressed to provacative. i have always liked jeans and a t shirt. just above the knees for shorts, shirts with sleeves or caps and no low tops. since i don't have big breast i like the high collar tops cause they make me look a little bustier. i'm all about being comfortable.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I think even if I were not a Christian I would dress modestly, that is just the way I am. When I say modest- I don't mean homely though. So I mainly wear capris and normal cut tops- like T shirts- definitaly no cleavage. When i go to the pool or the beach I just wear a normal mom tankini but I always have on a cover-up or shorts with it.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 10:37 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Modestly. I dress in long dresses /jumpers. no cleavage, no shoulders, no pants.

Kathryn620

Answer by Kathryn620 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I'm the same as you. I'm no slave to fashion. I couldn't be AND be God's slave too.
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/20030908/article_03.htm
    AmourDeMere

Answer by AmourDeMere at 11:05 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I wear modest clothes that are flattering to my figure, or at least I try.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• (1 Tim. 2:9, 10) 9 Likewise I desire the women to adorn themselves in well-arranged dress, with modesty and soundness of mind, not with styles of hair braiding and gold or pearls or very expensive garb, 10 but in the way that befits women professing to reverence God, namely, through good works.

They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.”—JOHN 17:16.

(1 John 2:15, 16) 15 Do not be loving either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him; 16 because everything in the world—the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life—does not originate with the Father, but originates with the world. 17 Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever.

I Do my best in all my ways to not be worldly or dress it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 17, 2009