Do you make your children behave at the movies?

So I took my daughter to see Where the Wild Things Are today.(Awesome!) The theater was pretty empty so everyone was nicely spaced out. So 45 minutes into the movie,this lady and her grandson(about 9 or so) sit down right behind me and the boy starts kicking my chair over and over. I turned around and looked at him and he continued. So I nicely asked him to please stop kicking my chair. His grandmother did nothing! She saw him doing it the entire time and said nothing, that's why I spoke up. He was loud, screaming, kicking, up and down and everything else. So he continues and she ignores him, so I got up in the middle of the movie and said to my daughter, "come on we are moving the people behind us are very rude" I guess I just thought it was common sense to not kick the persons seat in front of you. I'd be embarrassed if my child behaved that way. There were toddlers in the theater better behaved.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, my kids behave at movies.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 9:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• No I don't have to. Mine is 4 and has been perfect at movies since he was 1! Its easy for little ones take a booster seat with a tray this way they can actually see and they have a little area to play with a quiet toy, color and eat a snack if they get bored. I would be annoyed if a toddler were doing this but a 9 year old? Come on!
    Anonymous

• I do, but when a 9 year old is acting like that it would lead me to believe that there's something else wrong with him. Maybe he's special needs? I try not to let other people's behavior hinder my experience.
    Anonymous

• Definately, going to the movies is a treat, if your kid can not behave it is time to leave.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 9:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I paid for the movie, they know to behave. I so agree with what you did!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I think that the adult responsible for him should have told him to stop long before.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2009