BIRTH CONTROL

Hey ladies I need some birth control advice. I was on depo for a few years and just came off of it this past summer. I was n olonger doing anything, so..... I moved to Fla to take care of same family stuff. I have been talking to a guy back in VA for a month and 1/2 now and for reasons unrelated to him I am prob moving back, so Im thinking I should prob get some bc. I do not want depo again, or iud. But I DO NOT want to risk getting preggo. I am a single mom of a 6 yr old, thats enough for now. :) Advice, stories ect about diff kinds of bc and your experiences with it...
THANKS

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Health

• I WAS IUD FOR 2 MNTHS AND HATED IT I GAINED WEIGHT I AM NOW ON LO/ORVAL 28 ITS A LOW HORMONAL PILL I HAVE LOST A LITTLE WEIGHT BUT ON BEEN ON IT FOR A LITTLE OVER A WEEK SO FAR SO GOOD!! I DID THE PATCH WHEN I WAS HIGH SKOOL AND LOOOOOOOOVED IT I WISH I CUD HAVE IT NOW ITS MY FAV OUT OF ALL AND ONLY REASON I DONT HAVE IT IS BC I GO THROUGH HEALTH DEP RIGHT NOW AND THEY DONT CARRY IT AT MY LOCATION!
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:22 AM on Oct. 17, 2009