Should i be embarrassed?

I got a job at fast food. i have never worked for fast food before this. Where i use to work to fill the mop buckets we had to go outside and put in a cleaner. I didnt know that they only had to push a button and turn on the hot water. They laughed at me. And someone asked how old i was bc of it. Im so embarrassed because i didnt know how to do it. I tried to explain where i use to work it wasnt like that. No one would listen! I feel so stupid bc of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• Awwwh. Don't feel Stupid. You shouldn't! So many places do things so differently. They should have shown you some patience, understanding & good guidance! A new worker is only as good as they are trained!! Be proud of you. You're doing a decent job for pay. That's commenable! That's what life is!! Not everyone can train, teach or be kind!! Best of luck to you!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Don't feel stupid. Everything is obvious to someone whose experiences match the task at hand. To someone with no relevant experiences or with experiences that don't match up, those same things are not obvious at all. Hang in there, and learn to laugh at your mistakes along with your coworkers - we all have stories of embarassing moments. :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Don't feel stupid, that's why with every new job you have to be trained, cuz not everyone knows how things work.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I make so many mistakes when I first start a job. It's just a lesson of learning. Laugh with them- there will be someone just like you before too much longer. You'll probably laugh telling them the story when they start!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2009