Where the Wild Things Are Movie Is it okay for kids?

My 4 yr old was very excited to see this movie then I saw reviews and heard from a few people that it is dark, disturbing and has violent images that might be disturbing for a young child. What do you guys think? Has anyone actually seen it? Please give details of parts of the movie that might be questionable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We saw it today. It was fine! No one dies. It was just a little loud during some of the more excitable scenes. My 3 and a half year old loved it. It was a sweet movie. I used to love that book when I was little. Seriously, there was kids smaller than mine there and loved it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• "Where the Wild Things Are" is a kids book, so why wouldn't it be appropriate for a child? Kids love the book.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I'm taking my 6 year old to see it tomorrow. He loves the book.
    GIswife

Answer by GIswife at 10:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• tyfry7496 So was Ink Heart and the movie was way too much for a little kid. I also heard there was some violence is that true? I was wondering the same thing!
    Anonymous

• http://www.pluggedin.com/en/movies/InTheaters/WheretheWildThingsAre.aspx

details on content of movie. not all "kids" movies are good for kids, IMO. you have to look at each one carefuly and decide if it's appropriate for your family or not. people shouldn't give dumb answers like "well yeah, its FOR kids". well so are sugary breakfast cereals, that doesn't mean they're good for them. hollywood isn't looking out for your childs best interests, YOU the parent should be!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• My 15 yo daughter and her friend just saw it and they really liked it. But my daughter said she didn't think it would be good for little kids because it had some violence in it. The reviews I heard didn't think it was for kids under about 8 years old either.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 2:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• We saw it yesterday. My kids are 7, 8 & 9 and they loved it. I liked it too. I'm not sure if I would take my three or four year old, but it is WAY more innocent than other movies that are marketed toward kids IMO.
    mommyheymommy

Answer by mommyheymommy at 8:55 AM on Nov. 1, 2009