Is there any way I can get a loan with bad credit?

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any lender or such. DH was laid off for two months which just put us behind and has killed our credit. If we could get a loan for a couple of thousand or so then we could catch up. Things are good now so we make the once a month payment for the loan. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yep, there are places. But they have high interest rates. You borrow $3500 and end up paying $9000. Trust me we are paying. I wish we had just found a financial counselor sooner and found a better way of getting caught up.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• There are some, but you may need a cosigner or have a high interest rate.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• You can try such places as American General Finance, Security Finance. I know there are more, but I can't think of them. Call your local banks and see if they can recommend anyone for ya.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• This may have better options for you:The Dept of Justice has put together a database of credit counseling/debt consolidation orgs with the DOJ stamp of approval-
    http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/

Answer by rkoloms at 10:08 AM on Oct. 17, 2009