Anyone have the V.Smile for their preschoolers?

Is it actually education, or just a video game? Is it fun and do the kids like it? We're debating getting one for Christmas for our four year old daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• no, but we have the leap frog leap pad game system, hooks right up to the tv and there are educational games that take them up until 5th grade we love it...(i catch myself having fun playing it as well)
    mereinhart28

Answer by mereinhart28 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Biggest waste of time and money I ever did see. My kids don't play with it. My nephew had two of them and didn't care for it either. I just stick to computer programs. They cost a lot less. The other thing is they update the v smile every other year so eventually you won't even be able to find new games for it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• We have two of them, and neither of my boys like them very much. they NEVER ask to play with them.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• we have one for our daughter. She is 7yrs old. She has had it since she has been about 4-4 1/2yrs old. She doesn't play it that often.but every once in a while she will ask to play it.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• It's okay. The boys don't ask to play it or anything but sometimes I'll get it out. I wouldn't necessarily recommend the toy to anyone.
    tennisgal

Answer by tennisgal at 12:54 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• We got one as a hand me down from older cousins and I do feel he learns from it. My son loves to play it, but he only gets 1 hour of TV time a day and it is considered TV time in our house. I would not buy it personally and would rather have computer games for him (also TV time in our house). Oh and he is 4.5 years old. His 2.5 year old sister likes to watch him play and pretend she isplaying with the second controller.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:56 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I guess I am the odd one out. We bought the V smile when my daughter was 4, she hardly ever played it, my husband bought a v smile pocket that is compatible with the games a few weeks ago and she cant seem to put it down. She is almost 7. She enjoys it! The games are educational too.
    AmyHeinrich

Answer by AmyHeinrich at 11:05 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I agree with AmyHeinrich. I have one for my 5 year old and maybe 6 games, he LOVES it and they are all educational teaching letters, numbers, counting and spelling and things like shapes, colors and such. As he gets older and gets the games designed for older kids he'll learn more advanced stuff, but right now he loves playing Toy Story and Thomas the Train and I don't feel bad letting him play a video game, no violence in these games.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• we have one for our two kids their 2 and 4 and they seem to love it but my daughter gets fed up with the whole thing
    AmberMason

Answer by AmberMason at 6:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• we have one. Got it at sam's club. A warehouse. But my kid's wont play the thing. I try to get them into it. They are just not t.v. kid's. The other one just wont understand or stay sitting for it. but I play it and they watch and I explain to them what I'm doing. I have to say some of the game's are hard for me but if she want's to do it she can do it in a sec. lol.
    Mesofrog

Answer by Mesofrog at 4:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2009