At what age did your child . . .

develop the language capabilities of pronouncing the letters: "K," "G," "S", and "J?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son just turned 4. He still can't say "K" or "G" I don't know when he started saying the "J" sound and I think he's been saying "s" since he learned to talk. They're all different with what sounds they have a hard time with though. I have a friend who is a speech therapist working with him this summer on the "K" and "G" sounds but we gave up and decided to try again in 6 months or so to see if it would improve with time. I get frustrated because people can never understand him but my friend doesn't seem to think he is officially behind yet. She had a chart of all the different sounds and when children should be able to say them by, maybe you could Google something like that.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• My oldest was...idk...older. My current 2.5 yo can say all of them, has for a while.
    Anonymous

• My DD is 3 and can say all the sounds, hwever whne she says words he does not say the "S" or the "F" sounds
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:44 AM on Oct. 17, 2009