Atheist to Christian

How does one go from being an atheist to a Christian? do you wake up one day wondering and keep searching or do you just smack your head and say of course?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• no problem, don't let the internet get to you dear.

Live, love and laugh God will always look over you, even if you don't believe
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• A swift kick in the head, maybe? Severe brain damage caused by a random flying object? I dunno. I personally could never ever see myself going back to Christianity. I question the true atheist-ness of someone who goes from being one to being a Christian. Now, an agnostic person? Yeah, I can totally see them going to Christianity. But there's a big gap between being a true atheist and being a true agnostic. Atheist --->>> Christianity just doesn't compute for me. Christian --->>> Atheist or Agnostic --->>> Christian makes sense.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:39 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• then why answer the question if you don't have an answer? did you just want to make sure everyone knew your story?

I know it is an open forum, but your first line said you don't know.

attention hungry?
    Anonymous

• see, for me, its just as mindboggling to go the other way. i can't fathom someone who truly knew God and had a daily relationship with Him, turning away, completely.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Anon :45...get off it, who pissed in your lemonade?
    Open forum means anyone can answer.
    Anonymous

• LOL thanks anon :07 I am never drinking lemonaide again.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I think you should simply ask God for guidance with a sincere heart. And ask him for guidance which will lead you to paradise.
    Anonymous

• I don't like lemonade and if you pull your head our and YOU GET OFF IT you would see I said anyone could answer, BUT why would you answer if you don't know the answer UNLESS you wanted to make sure the whole world knew you were special.

Now, go check whats laced in YOUR lemonade and get off it anon :07
    Anonymous

• I couldn't tell ya.. the only stories I ever hear of an "atheist" turning Christian, is when they are raised atheist (or of no religion) and are later introduced to Christianity.. and subconsciously have been of a similar mind set (religiously).. that was ignored until then.

But, although MANY of my friends are Christian, I don't see myself turning back to Christianity after becoming a spiritual athiest... not unless something could be made more conclusive.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• What the heck is a spiritual atheist? I've never heard that term before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2009