WE had to fire a mother from our salon today

Man U guys I had never had to fire anyone before since I have been worjking. Except today I am a salon owner with 3 other stylists and the majority wanted her gone. She is a real slow woeker and doesnt listen when we try to reach her how to do things, it all started when she skipped out on doing anothe ron of the girls hair that works there, the previous night she had done the flip side for her ....BLA BLA BLA well today her and the other stylist hadnt talked about it til today, and they brought it tinot the shop and they caused a scene in front of clients so we had already warned her b 4 about how to be professional, in front of the clientas so we had to let her go today , I hope we did the right thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• AHHHHH our business is a catty business isn't it! We all know the laws, but I have learned that if I don't mesh well with the other stylists in that salon it probably won't work. But don't allow the other girls to run YOUR business for you either. I have seen girls get catty and drive out new girls many times. If they do it to the next new hire, I would tell them to deal with it.I'm sure it was for the better. I'm simply stating this for future reference.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• so, you fired stylist C, because she didn't get around to doing stylist B's hair..and they BOTH 'brought it into the salon'..why not fire both of them? see, i've seen a handful of 'workers' get fired for not giving it up for the team/being disruptive...but i've also seen a lot more stylists hound the owner about someone...most of the time, its alot like elementary playgrounds-someone is the bully, someone is the hitman, and the rest just go along waiting for the wind to die down, so they can get back to the business of hair.
    like the pp said, YOU need to run the salon, not your stylists. also, you may be friends now, but that will all change once someone realizes the grass looks greener in another place. its scary business owning a shop, full of women. (or do you co-own? LOL) in the end, you have to do what's best for the salon..catty women will ruin a shop's rep. its best to remain the boss, not a friend to your stylists.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• well we dont know the whole story on this woman but if you did it, im sure it was the best thing. i bet now your not scared to fire anyone else lol. whole 'nother attitude once you did it, now you can do it some more, so make sure everyone else knows, you WILL do it if you have to!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• You all hit the nail on the head when you say that stylists can make or break us we feel the same way she brings alot of drama and I slept very well last night I know I did the right thing the only reason the stylist "B" didnt get fired is cause she has not been warned before, but you better believe she will go to if she dont play nice, I am co owner so it wasnt totally my decision, is just that the othe 3 were all gone for the weekend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• drama with the hair mommas. I admire hairdressers. But finding the right fit is not easy for some.Maybe there is no fit.Just try to get along. GL .
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• That's not a question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2009