blood in poop

Has anyone ever had blood in their poop? Was it anything serious? I think it may be due to constipation and hard stools, but I'm not sure. It's bright red blood, so it looks fresh. The problem is for my husband, and I'm worried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Health

• I was gonna say what Steff said. I've always heard that if it's internal, the poop will be black. He could have a tear in his rectum too. It's probably not too much to worry about, but if it persists, I'd call or go to the Dr.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Hemorrhoids. If he has hard stool its roids for sure. They hurt like a biotch! Bright red is hemorrhoids, dark brown blood is internal.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• if hes not in pain i wouldn't worry if he is straining when he poops then try to drink some more fluids see if that helps. if not go see a doc. better safe than sorry
    Nicole_06

Answer by Nicole_06 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• it could be something or nothing. blood in stool is not a good thing so just have him get checked out. not trying to scare you but 1 sign for colon cancer is blood in the stool. just get it checked, better to be safe than sorry.

Anonymous