what should I do?

Ok well i am trying to lose some weight im 5'5 and 154 lbs right now and want to lose about 10 lbs.. anyways my husband has been real critical lately calling me 'fat' and how I dont look good in any of my clothes (clothes he found sexy a week before) and now he picks on me everytime I eat something bad.. i know im trying to lose weight but ya know when im being put down with the way I look when I am trying to lose the weight it makes me feel worse about myself and im a depression eater... i hate men sometimes

Merediths_Mommy

Asked by Merediths_Mommy at 10:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Well men are asses sometimes. Dont lose weight for him but do it for you. He should love you for who you are, not what you look like. Just stay positive and know that you can do anything you set your mind to do.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 10:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Just stay focused on your goal for yourself. When he calls you fat, tell him you can lose the weight but he's rude and he will probably never lose that.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• sweety u look good no matter what your husband say ! i go walking up and down the sreets and i lost some weight , i was in size 10 pantys and now im in a size 8... just keep telling your self u can do it and dont pay any mind to him he just want to be a ass ! u cant do it ! ! love u and good luck sweety ! !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 11:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Honey my husband did the same thing about 2 months ago and I haven't let him live it down yet. We have two kids together who are 14 months apart. The youngest is about to turn 2 next month and I still haven't lost the 50 pounds from her pregnancy. When my husband told me I had gained weight and the pants I was wearing at the time were "too tight", I was devestated. I just started really focusing on my weight, exercising, and trying to get back to where I was pre-baby. it's so frustrating because we women are VERY aware of when we gain weight - even if it's only 5 pounds, we totally know. Hang in there, get healthy and lose weight, for you...not him. I will be thinking of you girl.
    SuzyQ515

Answer by SuzyQ515 at 11:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• sorry but I hate your man. NO MARRIED SHOULD EVER SAY THAT TO WOMEN HE LOVES. Ask him why he being so rude. Tell him those words will get you depressed and it will back fire . Because when we women are unhappy we will eat.

You do have to loss the weight for yourself not for your husband.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Tell him if he wants you to lose weight tell him to help you in a positive way. Like maybe walking with you or going to the gym with you. Tell him his hurtful words are only going to make you gain weight and if he gets rude with you he don't deserve you cause there are plenty of men out there who would like you the way you are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• ewwww....jerk. Like that is supposed to help? Tell him he isn't looking so hot himself( Sorry that's immature but I'm a revenge fan :) ) and focus on YOU and being healthy. You had the baby for God's sake...as for eating just be healthy with food too. Little things really help like walking, or cutting out soda's completely...I knew a chick that quit drinking soda and alcohol and lost 10 pounds in 2 months just doing that. Ugh, ignore him... don't feel guilty and depressed :)
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Did you ask him to help you to avoid those bad foods? I know that it would seem like common sense not to put you down but if he thinks that this is the way that he can help you stay away from foods you think are bad then that is what he'll do.

Iconoclast

Answer by Iconoclast at 1:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• does he know putting you down doesn't help the solution but makes it worse?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:47 AM on Oct. 17, 2009