Has anyone been dianosed with bipolar? If so how do you cope w/kids?

I was just dianosed,with bipolar (mania). i am currently seeking help,but it is very difficult dealing with this issue. Do you take meds?

kera6

Asked by kera6 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Health

• My son has bipolar disorder. You have to take meds and stay on your meds even if you are feeling OK. That's one of the big problems with people with bipolar disorder, they don't think they need meds.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Make for sure it's bi polar disorder. Go get a second opinion. Sometimes severe depression and strong ADHD can be mis diagnosed as bi polar. But when it comes down to it they all require meds. I was mis diagnosed to find out later I had ADHD which contributed to severe depression. It explained why nothing they did worked.
    Anonymous

• medication, a counsellor and a LOT of networks to stay in the 'right place' mentally, emotionally and physically.

its hard work and no fun whatsoever but once you start to figure it all out and make sense of whats happening it is a bit more manageable.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I do not, But my husband is Bipolar 2 with extreme mania. He is currently taking 4 different meds a day. SInce he started treatment there has been a world of difference in him. It is a very difficult thing to deal with having a mental illness or having a spouse with mental illness. It has been a very long road to where he is today, alot of testing different meds out on him and finding the right doctor too, keep your head up and keep up with your treatment no matter how hard it is or even how it might seem you "better" dont stray from what your Dr. tells you what to do. And beware that when you first start taking these brain chemistry altering medicines you will feel like a zombie, but when you balance out on them you will be glad that you stuck it out.
    cainesmama

Answer by cainesmama at 1:48 AM on Oct. 17, 2009