Does you baby smell funny?

My baby is 15 weeks old and I'll give him a bath and within hours he starts to smell funny. Not like sweat but like his formula maybe. I would say it is from him spitting up but it is not only under his neck, it is his whole body and sometimes his feet are sticky feeling. Maybe his formula is coming out of his pores. What do you think? BTW he is on Alimentum.

LolaD

Asked by LolaD at 11:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yikes, I think I would ask the Dr. Personally I dont think I could take that smell ALL THE TIME! Good Luck!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I've noticed that formula fed babies tend to smell different than breastfed babies, lol. I don't know why but I've always thought FF babies smelled like potatoes. :)
    Anonymous

• Yeah that would be the formula. No my babies never smelled funny.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 11:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• ALIMENTUM SMELLS HORRIBLE!!! My son is on it too and he smells so bad!!
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• My daughter stinks by the end of the day. She is on soy formula and spits up a ton. We call her our little soy blossom. But her smell is from spitup.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• No. When he spits up he has that smell but I change his sleeper or whatever hes
    wearing.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 1:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• keep a bib on him and change it through out the day and for the rest of his body.try rubbing him down with lotion and putting powder on him as soon as he gets out of the tub.
    Nikki_91510

Answer by Nikki_91510 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Your mom suspicion is right. It IS the formula coming through the pores. My kids were both formula fed and you could smell the vitamins and soy in both of them. Don't worry about it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• we switched from baby soap to a toddler one (still tear free) because all the baby soaps have made our twins smell worse after bathtime. DD spits up so much that she has to have a bath everyday (at 5 months old) or she will stink.
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 7:49 AM on Oct. 18, 2009