Any ideas for easy to make Halloween costumes for my 15 month old?

My SO recently lost his job and we are very strapped for cash as we were living paycheck to paycheck before . I was not so into his first Halloween because he was so young although his grandmother had bought him a onesie with a ghost face and his dad took him to a couple neighbors houses and we took pics but this Halloween I would like to put him in an actual costume. We looked at Wal-Mart the other day when were buying diapers and the cheapest costume in his size was around $17, I refuse to spend that much on something he will only wear once. Any ideas on something to create for him?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2009 in Holidays

• I was just at the dollar tree tonight and they had quite a few things that could work. If you cant do that then try this one year my son wore overalls tied a bandana around his neck and for some strange reason i had a straw hat (or you could use a cowboy hat) and he went as a farmer, I already had everything at home so it was cheap. also if you have friends or family with kids a year or two older ask if they have one you can borrow, my friends and i do that alot also, it really saves money.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:37 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• That is a GREAT age to be a black cat! Black jeans & black turtle neck all you need are a cat ear/tail set you can usually find for under 3 bucks! eyeliner for the nose and whiskers! :) Good luck.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• ok this is going to sound wierd, but it turns out really cute. Take a long sleve purple shirt and pants suit and some purple socks. Get a bag of purple baloons and blow them up just a little and pin them to the clothing and they will be a bunch of grapes for haloween. Just make sure not to make the balloons to big and not put any by the babies face for safety reasons. Also make sure their is another outfit under the purple suit so the baby doesn't get pricked by a loose pin. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous