What would you do if you got put on bed rest and had to still take care of 3 kids(only have help 3 days a wk)?

Asked by texas21cowgirl at 11:25 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'd try hard to survive!! Really, what else can you do? Try to find help from family, friends and trusted neighbors and if that does not work then try to make a schedule and stick with it and plan ahead. When you have help those three days for instance, try planning meals and cooking them ahead so when you are alone all you have to do is heat and eat. Even diaper duty! Plan each hour and if the children are old enough let them help you with small tasks. Even a toddler can toss a diaper in the trash and pass a remote! Also when you have help try to put together crafts and games the children can play with little assistance. Be as creative as you can be. Try sponge bathing during the day if it is too much to give out baths. Its a temporary fix but little ones will survive.
    Good luck and hope you are on your feet quickly.

Answer by Ladycwells at 11:41 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Do the best you can! See if your neighbors, friends, or family could pop by once in a while to help out. Spend as much time as you can planning some activities the children can do while you rest on the couch. Plan meals ahead of time. If your kids are little, have them do things like bathing and eating together. Hopefully your SO will help you out as much as possible also. Best wishes!

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Oh MY!!

Answer by momto1727 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Try as best you can. But please be careful. Take the bed rest seriously. A friend of mine was put on bed rest - and that only lasted a week. She was doing everything as she normally would, and actually being stupid. She had the baby 7 weeks early, and now he has to be on a heart monitor until he is one. If you ask me carrying around a baby and a heart monitor is more troublesome than having to be on bed rest and making sure the baby is healthy!!!

Answer by Fawn80 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• It depends on the ages of those kids. If they are old enough, try to have them help out. Maybe they can help eachother. If not, try letting them play in your bedroom, where you can watch them and rest. Or somewhere close by. If you let them watch TV, put on the television or a tape (maybe they can pick a tape out from the tape store) and they can watch it as you rest. See if you can find other people to help or maybe they can go to friend's houses (again, depending on the age).

Answer by sunshinepraying at 1:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I have found that the best thing is to have hambuger helper, can of veg and a fruit for dinner, it takes a little while but I get it done, I bring a chair in to the kitchen with me so I can sit when I have a contraction, then my six year old puts her baby sister in her highchair for me and then she also helps clean her up after wards, and cleans the table for me to, Dishes dont get done until my husband comes home at 1am. Baths are a little tricky, the older two (6 and4) can wash them selfs with very little sup form me and my 1 1/2 year old well she gets thrown in the bath with me. The most important thing to remember is it is only a temp. sitch. and that in a few weeks or months it will be over and you can look back and think "wow I did it, I am one awsome mommy"

Answer by kraZyLilJumpers at 1:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2008