question about the mini pill

I know that you are supposed to take it at the same time every day. Does it really have to be at the same exact time? I am on my second week of taking it. I am horrible at remembering, which I knew I was going to be. I have taken it within the same hour every night (between 10 and 11) but never at the same exact time. Is this good enough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• The minipill is a harsher taskmaster than the combination pill. Missing it by an hour is enough to allow for ovulation. So that's not quite good enough. Set an alarm or wake up and take it first thing in the morning. When I was on the pill I set my alarm clock for 6:00 AM so I never forgot it, since I had to wake up to take it. Would that be an option fo ryou?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I am also bad at remebering to take my pill. I take it ever night between 10-11pm. I have been on it for 11 weeks now, and so far so good.
    stepmom2boys407

Answer by stepmom2boys407 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2009