Previous pregnancy effecting me ttc now?

DD turned 2 in June. I didnt have any trouble w.pregnancy but after giving birth i had excess bleeding and they had trouble getting the placenta out. and had to stay in the hospial for an extra 1-2 days because of it. I missed my 6 week appt and just never went back. I am waiting for my insurance to become active so I can go for a checkup and to talk to them about ttc. DH and I have been ttc for 5mos now. Could the issues that I had before be affecting me now? Like could i not be able to ttc because of this? Anyone else have something like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I guess it could- you really really should have gone back. they don't just physically check you out, they also screen you for mental health, give great parenting advice, and can often suggest a great pediatrician. But yah, just wait until you get insurance again and let him/her know what happened. They'll probably do an exam and be of greater help. Having placenta remain in your uterus will definintely affect your fetility...I just have no idea if it stays around this long or what.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 12:42 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Yes, it's possible that the placenta problem is haunting you.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:44 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I dont still have the placenta inside my uterus its just they had a lot of trouble getting it out.
    Anonymous

• If the Dr pulled the placenta out then he/she could have scared your uterus. A scared uterus can cause trouble TTC you should get your records and find out what they did to you. Next delivery don't allow the Dr's to pull out the placenta, let it deliver naturally. Pulling the placenta after birth causes heavy bleeding and hemorrhaging it is like pulling off a scab in stead of allowing it to fall off. The veins and arteries running to the placenta don't have a chance to close if it is pulled out. 

Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2009