Update ladies on me talking to my Mother about her loud sex habit in my house....

Yeah so he was supposed to come over tonight. I talked with her before he got here. As soon as he got here she dumped him and said her kids hated him and gave him his engagement ring back. That is soooooooo not what I said. I asked her to be more considerate of the other people in the house! She has always had a way with bending other peoples words... Well she started bawling and throwing a fit.. I had DH call him to come back over and he wouldnt.. He wouldnt even really talk to us.. So we had a long talk with her and she ended up called him back and he came back over... But he didnt give her the ring back now she is upset and bawling about that too... Maybe she is menopausal?

Now Im emabrassed to even see this guy cause she told him I hated him and all this nonsense that I never ever said! I dont know the guy so I cant say he is my best friend but I never said I disliked him in anyway. ugh! What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow.... :O

Oh my! I'm clueless to answers right now. Give me a minute to think!!
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 12:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Insanity is not a side effect of menopause.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:32 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Get your mom out of your house. That isn't menopause that is manipulation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Being with the guy probably made her feel young and reallly have fun in her life. And by sayin something to her about it she probably felt like the one thing she truly enjoyed you were trying to take from her. (which obviously wasnt the case) I would honestly talk to her fiance or boyfriend. Tell him what you had said and you by no means dont like him and that your mom took it the wrong way. Reassure him that hes in the right place and he makes her happy and shse loves him. That way you will feel better, he will understand th situation an your mom will be gratful as well :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• ...i agree with gdiamante and anon!

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:36 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Both the inappropriate sex behavior in her daughter's home, and the over the top reaction to your conversation sound to me like there's something wrong with your mom.....unless she has always behaved this way. Actually, in some women menopause can cause serious emotional behavior, and it can be helped with medication, or there could be something else wrong, but if this behavior is new, I'd say she needs some help. If this is normal behavior, I'd ask her to leave.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:39 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Sounds like she has gotten herself in a pickle. Don't you take responsiblity for her behavior. Yes menopause can make women emotional not mental. If she has never acted like this before then I would help her get help. If she has always been that way I would help her find another place to live.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2009