already thinking of baby 2.....pregnant with baby one

Im due in a month
I have started to think about the age difference I would like for my kids
Hubby has a brother who is older than him by 18 months and they are very close, he has 4 younger siblings but him and the older one are the closest

I have only one sibling and we're very close as well but she's 7 years younger...Im more of like a second parent, I sort of took over that role because my mom had to work all the time and my dad bailed so she looks to me like a parent, she even asks my permission instead of my mom when it comes to dating...its cute but thats an example of our closeness.

so either way i think that its a good turn out but i dont know when we should have baby 2....this time I want to plan instead of have a suprise...LOL

so what do you thinks a good age difference? why?

thanks ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would never want my kids less than two years apart. And by that I mean I would get pregnant when the youngest is two. It harms your body when your constantly pregnant. The healing time for after having a baby is two-three years. It seems to be harder on the parents too. My friend has three kids under three and she is drained. I would rather my kids not need me as much and be able to do things on their own before I have more kids.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Whatever you want to go with. Seriously!

I have a 2 year old and a 2 month old.
    I'm also 9 weeks pregnant so, everyones different.

GL! ;) Go with what you feel is a good age difference.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 12:55 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• There are pros and cons either way. I'm having mine close together...they'll be 19 mo. apart. Partly because I want them to be close in age so they'll be close in life and be good playmates for each other. Also, because I'm staying home while my kids are young and I didn't want to drag this period of my life out forever. Its also nice because we get to use all the stuff we bought for our first one again...word of advice...if you're thinking of having another one soon, try to buy gender neutral stuff...especially the larger items...high chair, exersaucer, gym, bumbo seat, stroller, car seat, etc. However, having an 18 mo. old and being 8 mo. pregnant is NO PICNIC...it is very difficult and it will be even harder to nurse a newborn while trying to chase a toddler around. Good Luck with your decision.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Im on my first and DH and I have decided to have them close together. My little sister is just like yours she is 8 years younger and im basically her second Parent. DH has 3 little siblings and he is also8 years older than his twin sisters and 10 years older than his brother.... Id rather my kids grow up being friends than a second parent. DH and I both know how that goes and decided having someone to grow up with is important
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• My first two are 13 months apart. I absolutely love it! They already play together very well (hopefully it continues) and are good friends. My second and my third are 20 months apart. Right now I have 3 under 3. It is a little crazy, but I wouldn't change it. My brothers are 5 and 8 years older. We are not really that close at all. I am more friends with their wives than I am with them. I was pretty much an only child growing up. I always wished I had a sibling closer in age to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• oh honey, in a month you won't even remember you asked this question! but seriously, wait and see how having a baby effects you and you'll quickly realize what you can and can't handle. You'll have a pretty easy time answering your own question.

Personally, my brother and I are 6 1/2 years apart and I pretty much hate him. I think he's a terrible person who never learns from mistakes and therefore is unable to grow and mature. So its my personal opinion that there is such a thing as too far apart but I know it varies. You cannot control how your kids will interact no matter how they're spaced. If you do what YOU can handle, you won't be disappointed.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 1:22 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Get your first one here first.

Age differences aren't the issue...it's the parenting. I've seen kids a decade apart who were very close, and those close in age who hated each other. It's how you raise 'em, not when you have 'em.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• i have personally decided (well scratch that, i'm 99.99999 % sure) that my daughter will be an only child.
    for one, i'm 19 and have barely adjusted to ONE baby.
    for two, i'd love to focus all my time and energy on her, and give her the best in life. not sure i can do that as a young mom with TWO.
    but as for your question, i think close age differences are more favorable because the kids can relate to eachother and talk to eachother on the same level.
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I really don't think it matters.I have an older sister and a younger one.I myself also have 5 kids today.My 1st is 17 and the next is 7 and I LOVED having my 17 yearold for the first 10 years alone.To each their own.It is going to happen the way it's sapposed to, thats what I believe.I'd focus on # one for now.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 9:08 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Oh and the size of my body is fine, no stretch marks and my mom and sister have them.Like I said to each their own.We are all different. I am a size 8 to boot.When you want your body back you can get it!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 9:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2009