Need some inspiration

I need some short story inspiration.

My character has the desire to be successful, and the setting is a park.His boss has sent him to find a piece of jewelry that he lost and it is his mistresses.

I do not know where to go from here.
What enemies/conflicts can he encounter?
Should I change his desire?
Or how will he be changed from his journey when he arrives back at his boss's office.

Or anything that could be of help. I am having a huge creative fart and I have to finish this really soon.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• you could give him a metal detector and build the story around the things he finds while searching for the jewelry. and maybe through his discoveries, he learns he has no desire to work for a guy who cheats on his wife.
    sassbott_5000

Answer by sassbott_5000 at 1:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• He searches and searches and he spots a brilliant, shiny, white diamond ring of about 4 carats. This fellow is totally broke. His wife separated from him, his bills are stacked because he's a cancer survivor and insurance only paid a portion. He opts to pawn the ring to pay the bills and get back on his feet. He tells the boss he couldn't find the jewelry and is really sorry. Inside, he's riddled with guilt but needs the money. After all, he's a survivor and survivors do what needs to be done to live.....????
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:03 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• thanks those are both good ideas I am going to try to work them in. thanks alot!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Oct. 17, 2009