Has anyone ever breastfed out of one breast more than the other?

I have one breast produce more milk than the other, but It often leaves my nipple so sore because I use that one breast all the time. The other one just don't do right. Is it just me?

1HotMama2009

Asked by 1HotMama2009 at 1:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My right side dispurses milk significantly slower than my right. My dd doesn't like to work that hard for her meal so after 4 months of trying to start every feeding with that side and pump extra on that side, she and I have pretty much given up on it. I have started supplemental feeding with formula and that seems to be working just fine now.
    Drake007

Answer by Drake007 at 2:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• i'm left handed and always was more comfortable holding my babies on that side. It just was more comfy for lengthy periods but I did do both breasts.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I did. My right boob is a little bigger than my left now lol. It's kind of noticeable to my husband, now. Before, my left was bigger.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:39 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I always had the left boob bigger while nursing. I am right handed and need that had to do stuff while nursing, so I nursed more on the left side.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:50 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• 100 percent normal. All women have one side that produces more!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:50 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• my daughter got sick and was in the hospital, and they restricted me from breastfeeding her. my right breast got rock hard within 4 hours. my left was happily hanging there, soft as a pillow. i guess milk production becomes uneven because your breasts will produce more milk in the breast the baby sucks on the most. so now i try to put her on both evenly, and i notice they are getting relatively equal again.
    ps sorry about the sore nipples, but i've never had that prob so i dont know what to tell ya. i have nipples of steel :)
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• DD decided she only wanted the right side at 12 months, NOTHING I did could convince her otherwise! We've been doing fine for the last 6 1/2 months with just the one side.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:53 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• keep nursing the one that isn't producing..you really want to be even as possible...
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 2:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I used to always get mastitis on my left. I think cuz DS wouldn't finish on that one and preferred the right. I continued to switch left, then right, right then left, etc. Now they're the same.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Put baby on the breast you think you don't get a lot of milk from first. Then move the baby to the other breast.

MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:56 AM on Oct. 17, 2009