i feel belittled

dh always tells me I couldn't do something (jobwise) or certain things are too high tech for me. it really hurts cause I feel like he doesn't believe in me. I want to talk to him about it but I feel like there are more important things that need adressing like his swearing (we have a 3y/o and a 2month old...) plus how can I expect him to change if I can't. I always ask who he was talking to and what about even though he has expressed that it bugs him. I don't think about it. its just conversation to me. so how can I expect him to change if I can't?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Change what needs changing with you. Get training for the job you want and show him, you CAN do things he thought you couldn't. Temp agencies are a good place to start.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Don't ask him about job training just do it. There are many online techinical training programs as well as GREAT community colleges with daycare.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:53 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Jean is right, you can't change him but you can better yourself. Just show him you can do it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:55 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• well neither of you should try to change each other. accept each other and only yourselves can change. as for cursing. i would just tell him nicely how you fee. like i don't want our children growing up to say those words. they are just words that people used badly and that people will judge us and our kids for using. so maybe you could try not to do it so often. it has nothing to do with you just the words and me and how people will think of me.

even if that isn't way just say. i think men can understand that.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:44 AM on Oct. 17, 2009