what do you think about goging hiking at 7 weeks pregnant?

im supposed to be going tomorrow with my hubby and his friends, but i dont know if i should

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• of course you should! sounds like a lot of fun! don't worry. baby will be fine. Just don't push yourself too hard.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:02 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I agree with the pp. As long as you do over do it, the exercise is great for you!! Be careful and have fun! And congratulations on your pregnancy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• If you do that sort of stuff ofter then i dont see a problem with it. But if you really dont exercise mush and you have never gone hiking then i dont think you should. If you haven been before or in awhile then it will put stress on you and the baby. 7 weeks is still obviously early in the pregnancy and you should take extra precautions. But if you body is used to that then go for it! Hope you have fun and be safe! Congrats!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 2:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• i agree. right now is a good time to be active if you're feeling up to it. for some reason, i was literally glued to the couch for the first 20 weeks of pregnancy.not out of laziness, i was physically exhausted, despite sleeping 14 hrs a night.
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 2:08 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• when I was 7 weeks pregnant, I still didnt even know that I was pregnant. That stage is designed to protect you baby. Hike away, just dont strain your body too much.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Just listen to your body, but don't worry about every little thing either. Being pregnant is not a sickness, it is just an altered state of health. The only thing I would be concerned about is your energy level, and drinking pleanty of water. Have fun!
    squish

Answer by squish at 3:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Stay hydrated and if you feel like you need to rest, then rest. I went hiking at 7 months pregnant with my first. I was HUGE and it was so hot, I had to rest every 10-15 minutes. It took us nearly 3 hours to go up a winding path that was about 150 yards. But I had a lot of fun doing it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:02 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• shoot, i know women who rode horses up until they gave birth. all of them healthy vibrant children. i went jeeping, with doctor's approval, up until about 30 weeks/ when my hubby's jeep broke down....again. i wish i could go camping and hiking right now but i can't, i'm 38 weeks and that just wouldn't be smart. enjoy and stay very well hydrated, take lots of TP.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 4:29 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I would just drink water and rest when you need to, have a good time!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:36 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I went hiking at 32 and 33 weeks pregnant. Now I didn't go for miles and miles, but we probably did about 3 miles. The only bad part is that there aren't bathrooms on the hikes, so if you don't mind peeing in the bushes, I recommend taking some tissues and a ziplock bag.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 17, 2009