How can I get my little one to start sleeping in his own bed at night

Devonsmommy2007

Asked by Devonsmommy2007 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hmmm...I did it at 6 months and I had to do the CIO method which will be a little harder now that he is older...How old is he? Crib or toddler bed?
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 2:30 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• He is 2 years old and I had him in his own toddler bed than he went and stayed with his dad for about a week and his daddy let him sleep with him and now I can't seem to get him to sleep in his own bed through the night for nothing
    Devonsmommy2007

Answer by Devonsmommy2007 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• You never "have" to do cio.

I'd try a gentle transition. Even better, if you've been considering a double bed or anything in the near future, now is the time. Stay with him the first few nights. At least until he falls aslep. You won't have to do this for long. And talk to dad. Tell him it's an issue.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 1:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I can go and put him to his bed and he will fall asleep but than he is up at about 3 hours and we do it again than when i go to sleep he won't cry when he gets up he just crawls in the bed with me and I never know it until the morning because he has learned to crawl on the other side of the bed instead of on top of mommy I am just so lost and dad doesn't think its has big of an issue has I do
    Devonsmommy2007

Answer by Devonsmommy2007 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2009