did you spot once in awhile in the first trimester?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Oct. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i spotted all the time in my first and second trimester freaked and the drs told me it was normal, i had a few uti's in my pregnancy which made me spot
    Not to worry! If you are spotting and you begin bleeding heavy go to the er, if your just spotting once in awhile your fine. You would know if your miscarrying you would be heavy bleeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I spent the first 5 months of my 3rd pregnancy spotting every time i went to the store or was on my feet too long. Dehydration is a huge cause of miscarriage and can also bring on some of the spotting. Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids and put your feet up to rest every chance you get. Light spotting doesnt usually mean a problem, but if it changes, then it could be. But stay super hydrated just to stay on the safe side.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• yes, with my 2nd and now my 3rd that i just found out about, the spotting usaully around the time when you get ur mouth and the wierd thing is i don't know if anyone has heard of this befor but all the pregancy tests i have tooken they came up negitive but when i went for yearly i told my ob then i tooken a test from my blood and i am pregant. isn't that wierd. now im around 5 weeks.
    loverbug1

Answer by loverbug1 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Not trying to scare you, b/c spotting is fairly normal. Still, it's a reason to be concerned & to talk to your doctor. I started spotting at 6 weeks & immediately went to the hospital. They sent me home with information about miscarrying. Well, the bleeding continued for 10 days! I kept going back to the doctor & they kept going "I dunno". For 10 more days after THAT I had tissue loss.
    Finally they found out that I had what's called a subchorionic hematoma- basically, there was an area on the wall of my uterus under the placenta that was bleeding. If the bleeding didn't heal, the placenta could have been damaged and separated from the wall, causing a miscarriage. So they put me on bedrest. Everything healed up just fine!
    As I said before, I'm not trying to scare you, just trying to share my experience. If you feel like something's not right, keep going back to the doctor until they figure it out, and/or until you're satisfied.
    LeiLana80

Answer by LeiLana80 at 4:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2009